Wednesday, March 12, 2003

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

I have two measly days of employment left. I shouldn't complain though. Production ended when we filmed the sixth and final episode of the run on Friday night. The stellar wrap party was held in the Foundation Room at the House of Blues on Sunday night and featured an open bar from 7 to 11. Plus, I received a gift in the form of an extra week of work to close down the office. The entire six-week gig was a blessing, as I had not held a full-time job in a year. I've been pretty low-key about my work experience, purposely withholding the name of show to protect the innocent. I will now put you all out of your misery and end the suspense. The television show I am currently working on... at least for two more days... a sitcom... is... "Watching Ellie". A press release announced today that the show will be relaunched on April 15th. Its normal time slot will be Tuesdays at 9:30 on NBC, following "Frasier." In support of me and my career, all I ask is that you tune in once, and only keep watching if you like the show. I think it's pretty funny, but then again, I've been seeing it from the inside out, including rehearsals and live in front of a studio audience, and therefore I don't have much distance or perspective. However, Julia Loius-Dreyfus is undeniably one of the funniest and most talented ladies around. She's Ellie, and she alone is worth watching.

No comments: