Friday, April 09, 2004

NOT SO GOOD FRIDAY

The Stones? Cancelled.
The party at our house tonight? Cancelled.
My subscription to the Restoration Hardware catalog? Cancelled.

With little fanfare, "The Stones" was taken off the air by CBS on Tuesday. The episode I wrote for the show, my first to be produced, was scheduled to air on April 21. Suffice it to say, it will not be airing on April 21, and is unlikely to ever see the Judith Light of day. I can't say I'm shocked. The show never got off the ground creatively, failing to match the quality of the pilot (which was "pretty good" to begin with), and the ratings reflected that. I would have liked to have seen a credit read "Written By Barry Langer" on the TeeVee, but I'll have my day. Just wrapped the season on "Will & Grace" and now I'm going to make a run at finally getting staffed on a sitcom for next season. Anybody want to hire a funny guy with two great specs and over a 100 episodes of writers room and production experience?

No comments: